All of our consultations are FREE. When we accept a case there are no out of pocket costs. We only get paid if we are successful for you. Contact us now for a free birth injury consultation in Little Rock, Arkansas.
Speak to a Birth Injury Attorney in Little Rock, Arkansas
Nothing can ever prepare you for receiving bad news after a difficult labor and delivery. The happy and joyful emotions of welcoming a new child into the world can be overwhelmed by negative feelings of sadness, anger, and confusion when you learn that something is wrong. These feelings are completely normal. Having questions is also normal.
As you process what is happening, you may find yourself wondering:
Why was my baby injured?
Could my baby’s injury have been prevented?
If you have questions about a birth injury, then you should consider speaking with a birth injury attorney.
A birth injury attorney in Little Rock, Arkansas may be able to help you determine the cause of the injury and whether the injury could have been prevented.
Common conditions resulting from birth injuries include:
At the Brown Trial Firm, we believe that every child deserves the best chance in life, and that every parent deserves the support they need to help their child succeed.
Our nationally renowned birth injury attorneys are standing by to help. When we accept a case there are no out of pocket costs. We only get paid if we are successful for you.
Contact us now for a free consultation.
Birth Injury Resources in Little Rock, AK
Here we have collected resources available in your local area that are related to birth injury.
Descriptions of resources are sourced from the linked websites and are not written by the Brown Trial Firm. The Brown Trial Firm has no affiliation with these resources. Inclusion on this list and attached descriptions are not an endorsement from the Brown Trial Firm.
Treatment & Care in Little Rock, AK
Little Rock Hospitals
- CHI St. Vincent Infirmary: Whether you’re having a baby, working toward a healthier lifestyle or managing a chronic condition, you’ll find an expert partner at CHI St. Vincent. Our doctors and health professionals provide compassionate care at our clinics, hospitals and women’s care centers in Arkansas.
- UAMS Medical Center: At UAMS, we understand that you want the very best medical care for your children. From preventive care to treatment of childhood diseases, our programs provide personalized care to pediatric patients using state-of-the-art equipment and technology.
Little Rock NICUs
- Arkansas Children’s: We are the only Level 4 NICU in the state, which means we provide the highest level of NICU care available.
Little Rock Clinics / Other Care
- Arkansas Children’s – The Southwest Little Rock Community Clinic: The 11,050-square-foot clinic will sit just behind the Pulaski Southwest Health Unit, next door to the Southwest Little Rock Community Center, and is adjacent to a U.S. Post office and the CALS’ Dee Brown Library. The clinic features 15 exam rooms, X-ray suite, Laboratory, and WIC program accommodations.
- Arkansas Children’s – West Little Rock Pediatric Clinic: The West Little Rock Clinic provides diagnosis, treatment and/or follow-up of children with general health problems.
- Arkansas Department of Health Pulaski County Health Unit – Little Rock: public health is everything the Arkansas Department of Health (ADH) does to protect and improve the health and well-being of all Arkansans.
- CHI St. Vincent Community Care – East Clinic: At CHI St. Vincent, we believe everyone should have access to the highest quality health care, no matter their financial status. We’ve been providing health and dental care to low and moderate income patients for more than 40 years.
- Harmony Health Clinic: Harmony Health Clinic seeks to understand and serve the health and wellness needs of the medically uninsured and underserved who live in Pulaski County, by providing access to quality medical care at no cost to these patients in a private, community-based clinic, staffed by medical professional volunteers and marked by a unique atmosphere of caring, compassion, respect, dignity, and diversity.
- Pulaski County Health Unit – Southwest Little Rock: public health is everything the Arkansas Department of Health (ADH) does to protect and improve the health and well-being of all Arkansans.
- Shepherd’s Hope Neighborhood Health Center: Shepherd’s Hope is a Christian medical, dental and health education ministry currently serving the South Midtown area of Little Rock.
- UAMS Health – Family Medical Center – Little Rock: At UAMS, our Family Medical Center is a comprehensive primary care facility where you and your entire family can obtain the highest quality of individualized care in an environment that is compassionate, respectful, private and responsive to your needs.
- UAMS Health – James L. Dennis Developmental Center: The Dennis Developmental Center (DDC) specializes in the assessment of developmental conditions that result in delayed milestones, inability to communicate effectively, inattention, hyperactivity, impulsivity, learning problems, and poor or atypical social interactions.
- UAMS Health – Neurosurgery Clinic:Your physician may refer you to UAMS for a variety of nervous system or spinal column issues, including: Seizure surgery, Brain implants, Pediatric neurosurgery, Neuron-oncology, including brachytherapy and radiation surgery.
Financial Help in Little Rock, AK
- Arkansas Children’s Hospital: Arkansas Children’s recognizes the financial burden that medical bills may cause, so if you are having difficulties paying your bill, please let us know. It is part of our mission at Arkansas Children’s to help the patients and families we serve.
- Arkansas Department of Human Services – Child Care Assistance: Child Care Assistance is a program that is available for low-income families. This program provides financial assistance for quality child care and is made possible by the Child Care Development Fund (CCDF).
- Arkansas Department of Human Services – Division of Developmental Disabilities Services: The Division of Developmental Disabilities Services (DDS) strives to provide quality services for children and adults with developmental disabilities and delays.
- Arkansas Disability Coalition: Arkansas Disability Coalition (ADC) is a statewide organization that assists families and individuals with all types of disabilities, providing health-related support, information, resources and training.
- Brown Trial Firm: If your child suffered a serious birth injury, it’s time to act. A birth injury attorney can help you find answers to the questions you may have. We can advise you about your child’s legal rights, and whether you have a legal claim for compensation. You may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, hospital visits, and future care like therapy and medical care taking.
- Ronald McDonald House Charities Arkansas: Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Arkansas is a locally funded and operated non-profit 501(c)3 organization dedicated to enhancing the lives of children and their families by creating and supporting programs that directly improve the health and well being of children.
- Salvation Army: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
- The Helping Hand of Greater Little Rock: The Helping Hand of Greater Little Rock is a food pantry, thrift shop and provider of limited financial assistance to thousands of families in Central Arkansas.
- U. S. Department of Health & Human Services Administration for Children & Families Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program: The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) helps keep families safe and healthy through initiatives that assist families with energy costs.
- United Way: Every day, our volunteers, donors and advocates are making a lasting difference in so many ways. That can mean helping a child learn to read, donating money to make sure people have access to quality medical care, speaking out in support of policies that provide training for in-demand jobs and so much more.
Therapy Services in Little Rock, AK
- Allied Therapy & Consulting: Services provided can include therapeutic treatment, consultations, as well as educational and advisory services for the purpose of reducing the incidence and severity of disability.
- Arkansas Children’s Therapy Group: Providing children’s outpatient therapy services in Jacksonville, Arkansas, including speech, occupational, and physical therapies.
- Arkansas Children’s: The department is staffed by a team of 25 Physical Therapists, 19 Occupational Therapists, Orthotists, Therapy Techs and Staff who share a common goal of helping all of our patients achieve their maximum potential and quality of life.
- Children’s Therapy Team: Children’s Therapy TEAM provides more services and treatment options than any other provider in Northwest Arkansas.
- Easter Seals Arkansas: Easterseals Arkansas offers pediatric outpatient physical, occupational and speech-language therapy to children from newborn to 18 years. We also offer outpatient therapy at The Academy at Riverdale.
- First Step Arkansas – Services: The professional staff of First Step includes compassionate people with a number of talents and abilities and a variety of educational backgrounds. We are dedicated to join forces with you and your physician to design a personalized, effective plan of action that will be the best fit for your child or loved one who has developmental disabilities.
- Hippos and Fish: We have developed a number of programs to give individuals and their families a variety of therapy interventions to support individual needs, challenge the mind and body and motivate the spirit to achieve their highest level of independence.
- Kids Being Kids: We welcome kids for all kinds of reasons. If you have an educational or medical diagnosis, our team is here to provide the right therapies and resources. No diagnosis? No worries! We can discuss any questions or concerns you have – about development, interactions, behaviors or anything else – and plan next steps together.
- Kids First – UAMS: Specialized therapeutic services emphasize the development of basic skills, and support each child’s ability to interact with family, friends, and their community. Early and regular assessments identify the strengths and developmental needs of each child.
- KidSource Therapy: At Kidsource, we offer services, support, and education to teach families and caregivers resources and practices so you can make developmental progress outside of the typical therapy setting.
- Let’s Talk Therapy Services: At Let’s Talk, our team of therapists meet you and your child where you are. For 10 years we have been the leading specialized pediatric therapy service provider in Central Arkansas. Our therapists give your child the one-to-one treatment they need to not just meet, but to exceed their goals.
- MCH Physical Therapy Clinic: Our Little Rock, AR physical therapists are experts in helping people with CP improve their physical functions. They can help them stay active, and healthy, and perform day-to-day tasks such as walking, operating a wheelchair, and getting in or out of a wheelchair to and from a bathtub, bed, or car.
- OnSite Therapies: PT, OT & Speech therapy services that help your loved-one excel in life.
- Pediatrics Plus: Pediatrics Plus focuses on the whole child through a multi-disciplinary approach to therapy. While looking at the child’s strengths and needs in the areas of occupational, physical, and speech therapy; a treatment plan is created in order to help a child magnify their strengths and improve their needs.
- UAMS Health – Orthopaedic Cinic – Autumn Road: Our services include surgical and nonsurgical treatments for orthopaedic and sports injuries.
- UAMS Health – Physical medicine and Rehabilitation Clinic: Our caring and compassionate doctors specialize in the management of chronic, disabling disorders.
- UCP of Arkansas – Therapy Services: UCP of Arkansas was founded by parents of children with Cerebral Palsy and although we have grown into a large organization serving individuals with a wide variety of disabilities, we have not forgotten where we came from. We continue to advance our mission through an array of services and supports that promote increased independence and community involvement.
Support Organizations in Little Rock, AK
- Arkansas Department of Education, Special Education: This webpage now only hosts information regarding applications to support Special Education in the state of Arkansas.
- Arkansas Disability Coalition: The main goal of the Early Childhood Program is to prepare developmentally delayed children to be able to function in a regular kindergarten class.
- ARSC – Arkansas Special Children: We are here to vent, share experiences, offer and receive support. Everything is discussed from education, therapies, funding resources, bio-medical interventions, financial matters, coping strategies, balancing work and home life, etc….
- Easterseals Arkansas: The purpose of Easterseals Arkansas is to change the way the world views and defines disabilities by making profound, positive differences every day. We provide hope to over 20,000 Arkansans every year through our exceptional services and programs.
- Special Needs Resource Project: Special Needs Resource Project (SNRP) provides a basic guide for parents of children with chronic health issues, disabilities and special needs.
- The Arc of Arkansas: The Arc promotes and protects the human rights of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and actively supports their full inclusion and participation in the community throughout their lifetimes.
- UCP of Arkansas: Family Support provides assistance to families caring for their children with developmental disabilities at home. Like typically developing children, children with disabilities need supportive relationships in nurturing homes.
Recreation & Accessible Activities in Little Rock, AK
- Arkansas Game & Fish Commission: the Arkansas Fish and Game website contains resources for auto tours.
- Beyond Boundaries: Beyond Boundaries is a nonprofit equine-assisted therapy program with licensed therapists dedicated to helping children and young adults with disabilities.
- Big Dam Bridge: The bridge connects approximately 40 miles of scenic riverside trails in the cities of Little Rock and North Little Rock. The bridge is 4,226 feet long and 14 feet wide, and includes 679 feet of walled embankment.
- Camp Aldersgate: Camp Aldersgate is an Arkansas non-profit organization uniquely dedicated to serving children and youth with special needs in a camp environment.
- City of Little Rock: Therapeutic Recreation is a purposeful intervention designed to bring about positive emotional, social, physical or cognitive changes in individuals with disabilities.
- Clinton Presidential Library and Museum: The Clinton Presidential Library is ADA compliant and the museum is fully handicapped accessible. Wheelchairs (manual only, no electric) are available at the lobby admission desk.
- Community Connections: Community Connections is a non-profit organization in central Arkansas providing extra-curricular activities for children with special needs & support for their families.
- Hearts & Hooves – Therapeutic Riding Center: Therapeutic Riding lessons promote the development of riding skills to the most independent level possible.
- KidSource – Freedom Reins: Maximizing your child’s potential through occupational, developmental, physical, and speech and language therapy.
- Little Rock Zoo: The Little Rock Zoo’s mission is to inspire people to value and conserve our natural world.
- Miracle League Arkansas: When you step into the ballpark, you know that there is something inclusive for everyone to understand and to correct misperceptions about individuals with mental and/or physical disabilities.