Birth Injury Attorneys in Oklahoma
How Can a Birth Injury Attorney Help?
Birth injuries can be traumatic for parents and children alike. Often times, parents don’t know what steps to take after their child has suffered a serious birth injury.
Not being sure what to do and feeling overwhelmed is completely normal. Unfortunately, nothing can really prepare a parent for an injury that is potentially life-changing. At Brown Trial Firm, we want to help you during this difficult time.
Birth injuries can include the following disorders and injuries:
- Cerebral palsy
- Erb’s palsy
- Hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy (HIE)
- A serious brain injury
- Chronic seizures
- Developmental challenges and delays
- Lethargy and or fussiness
If your child suffers from any of the above disorders or injuries, we may be able to help. Brown Trial Firm can help you decide whether you should file a birth injury lawsuit. In some cases of medical negligence or error, parents may have the option of pursuing a lawsuit.
If you have questions about whether your child’s injury was due to a medical error , we may be able to help. Contact Brown Trial Firm today using the chat button for 24/7 help.
If we accept your case, we join your team. We put in our time and money to develop your case, and we only get paid if we win.
A birth injury is an injury sustained by a mother and/or the the baby during labor and delivery. This includes during a vaginal delivery or during a C-section procedure.
Some birth injuries are caused by medical errors. Often times when a baby is at risk of a birth injury, the baby sends distress signals. The medical professionals overseeing the baby’s birth are responsible for monitoring and acting on these distress signals.
Some common causes and types of birth injuries include:
- Placental abruption, which occurs when the placenta tears away from the uterus.
- Uterine rupture, which occurs when the uterus rips, often along the scar line of a C-section from a previous pregnancy.
- Birth canal problems.
- Failure to monitor or react to fetal distress.
- Improper use of delivery tools, such as forceps or vacuum extractors during delivery.
- Hypoxia, which occurs when the baby isn’t receiving enough oxygenated blood.
- Failure to order and perform a C-section quickly enough to avoid a birth injury.
- Abnormal presentation, which occurs when the baby isn’t positioned properly for delivery.
What Are the Common Types of Birth Injuries?
Here are some of the common types of birth injuries:
- General brain damage
- Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy (commonly referred to as HIE)
- Cerebral palsy
- Blindness or deafness
- Spinal cord injuries
- Meconium Aspiration
- Fractures to the skull or clavicle
- Bleeding inside the scalp, skull, or brain
- Erb’s Palsy
- Brachial Plexus injuries
- Chronic seizures
- Paralysis to the face or the limbs
It’s worth noting that every birth is different. If you have questions about what caused your child’s injury, Brown Trial Firm may be able to help you find answers.
Can I Afford to Hire a Birth Injury Attorney?
Some Parents May Feel Overwhelmed with the Costs That Stem from a Birth Injury. Brown Trial Firm May Be Able to Help.
You deserve the best medical care possible during your pregnancy. If your child’s birth injury was the result of a medical error, then you were not afforded that standard of care.
After dealing with all the costs are labor and delivery, you may be feeling hopeless about hiring a lawyer. Especially when medical expenses to treat your child’s birth injury are piling up. The good news is, if we accept your case, you will pay nothing out of pocket.
At Brown Trial Firm, we use a fee structure called a “contingency fee.” Instead of billing by the hour, we are paid through a percentage of the settlement or verdict. This means that we only get paid if we are successful in recovering for you, and that you will never pay anything unless we win.
Free Case Evaluation
If you would like to know if your child’s birth injury was caused by preventable medical mistakes, please contact Laura Brown. During your free consultation, our birth injury lawyers will discuss your case and evaluate your options. Call +1 (844) 232-9228 or email us a [email protected].