Partner, Brown Trial Firm
+1 (866) 393-2611
All of our consultations are FREE. When we accept a case there are no out of pocket costs. We only get paid if we are successful for you. Contact us now for a free birth injury consultation.
Nothing can ever prepare you for receiving bad news after a difficult labor and delivery. The happy and joyful emotions of welcoming a new child into the world can be overwhelmed by negative feelings of sadness, anger, and confusion when you learn that something is wrong. These feelings are completely normal. Having questions is also normal.
As you process what is happening, you may find yourself wondering:
Why was my baby injured?
Could my baby’s injury have been prevented?
If you have questions about a birth injury, then you should consider speaking with a birth injury attorney.
A birth injury attorney in Denver, Colorado may be able to help you determine the cause of the injury and whether the injury could have been prevented.
Common conditions resulting from birth injuries include:
- Cerebral Palsy
- Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy (HIE) or Hypoxia
- Birth Asphyxia
- Skull Fractures
- Brain Swelling or Hemorrhaging (Bleeding)
- Erb’s Palsy (also known as Brachial Plexus Palsy)
- Other Birth Injuries
At the Brown Trial Firm, we believe that every child deserves the best chance in life, and that every parent deserves the support they need to help their child succeed.
Our nationally renowned birth injury attorneys are standing by to help. When we accept a case there are no out of pocket costs. We only get paid if we are successful for you.
Contact us now for a free consultation.
Find out what a birth injury malpractice lawyer does, what types of cases they take as well as how to locate a good malpractice lawyer and how much it generally costs to hire them.
Here we have collected resources available in your local area that are related to birth injury.
Descriptions of resources are sourced from the linked websites and are not written by the Brown Trial Firm. The Brown Trial Firm has no affiliation with these resources. Inclusion on this list and attached descriptions are not an endorsement from the Brown Trial Firm.
Treatment & Care in Denver, CO
- Centura Health – Porter Adventist Hospital: Founded in 1930, Porter Adventist Hospital has provided people throughout Denver and surrounding communities with compassionate, personalized health care. Today, Porter Adventist Hospital is a full service, acute-care referral center specializing in joint replacement, spine surgery, organ transplant, behavioral health, cancer care and innovative cardiac treatments.
- Colorado Hospital Association – Denver Health: Denver Health delivers preventative, primary and acute care services. We are committed to making our community a healthy place to live, work and raise a family. You’ll see that commitment in the programs we offer, through the care we provide and in our determination to achieve continuous improvement so our community always has the best care available.
- Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center: Located in the Uptown neighborhood in Denver, CO, we provide the most advanced care for patients across the Rocky Mountains and Great Plains. We are proud to serve our community with experienced physicians who offer a wide range of medical services for patients of all ages.
- SCL Health St. Joseph Hospital: Chances are you’re doing everything you can to keep you and your little one healthy. Although, most pregnancies and birth experiences go smoothly, if complications come up, our medical team and neonatal intensive care units (NICUs) are equipped to handle even the littlest of patients.
- St. Anthony Hospital: St. Anthony Hospital is a Level I Trauma Center in Lakewood, Colorado, providing a full range of medical specialties and health care services to Denver and the surrounding metro areas at our state-of-the-art medical campus. At St. Anthony Hospital, you can be confident in our expertise in heart and vascular, stroke, trauma, neurosciences, breast imaging, cancer, da Vinci Surgery and more.
- Children’s Hospital Colorado: Our pioneering neonatal program treats the smallest patients at their most vulnerable, achieving the outcomes that affect the rest of their lives.
- Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children at Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center: The neonatal intensive care unit works to provide critical care to newborns who are ill or premature. Many factors may lead to a newborn being admitted to the NICU, including low birth weight or complications during delivery. The NICU staff works closely with parents to develop a treatment plan for their newborn.
- Rose Medical Center: The neonatal intensive care unit works to provide critical care to newborns who are ill or premature. Many factors may lead to a newborn being admitted to the NICU, including low birth weight or complications during delivery. The NICU staff works closely with parents to develop a treatment plan for their newborn.
- Denver Health: Children require special attention and care during times of sickness, which is why we pride ourselves on providing the most comprehensive care for children at Denver Health. Our pediatric doctors provide an array of services for children and have all of the specialties in place to care for every child in need.
- Denver Health: Denver Health has been providing health care to Colorado and Denver for more than 150 years and offers all the services you will need during your pregnancy, delivery and after your baby is born.
- Every Child Pediatrics: Every Child Pediatrics provides comprehensive, affordable health care to nearly 24,000 Colorado children.
- Immunize Colorado: Shots for Tots and Teens’ goal is to make sure every child receives the immunizations needed to keep them healthy.
- National Jewish Health: National Jewish Health is the only facility in the world dedicated exclusively to groundbreaking medical research and treatment of patients with respiratory, cardiac, immune and related disorders.
- Partners in Pediatrics: At Partners in Pediatrics, we practice compassionate integrative care in Denver and Englewood for children from newborns to young adults.
- Rose Pediatrics: At Rose Pediatrics our desire is to provide you with the highest quality pediatric care in an atmosphere that makes you feel like family. We believe your child’s health care needs are best met when we work together, in partnership with you.
- Sam Sandos Westside Family Health Center: Westside clinic provides comprehensive, supportive care for the whole family and is conveniently located near public transportation. The center is certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home, which means our team makes sure patients are actively guided through their care.
- UCHealth A.F. Williams Family Medicine – Stapleton: From routine physicals to maintenance of chronic conditions like diabetes or cholesterol management, our providers take the time to listen to your concerns and to develop a plan for care with you.
- UCHealth Primary Care – Uptown: From routine check-ups to maintenance of chronic conditions like diabetes or cholesterol management, our providers take the time to listen to your concerns and to develop a plan for care with you.
- UCHealth Urgent Care – Steele Street: No appointment is required to be seen by a highly trained, health care professional. Walk-in or reserve your spot and we’ll text when it’s time to come in. If you’d rather be seen in the comfort of your own home for only $49, take advantage of UCHealth’s Virtual Urgent Care.
Financial Help in Denver, CO
- Brown Trial Firm: If your child suffered a serious birth injury, it’s time to act. A birth injury attorney can help you find answers to the questions you may have. We can advise you about your child’s legal rights, and whether you have a legal claim for compensation. You may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, hospital visits, and future care like therapy and medical care taking.
- Easter Seals Colorado: Children and adults with disabilities and special needs find exceptional services designed to meet their individual needs when they come to Easterseals Colorado.
- Health First Colorado: Programs for Individuals with Physical or Developmental Disabilities.
- Jewish Family Service: The JFS provides quality mental health counseling and case management to children, adults, immigrants, and refugees; offering training, job placement, and community enrichment to people with disabilities; and providing housing stability, employment support, and food security to individuals and families.
- Rocky Mountain Human Services: Founded in 1992, Rocky Mountain Human Services is a nonprofit organization whose 200-plus talented and dedicated employees serve over 6,000 Colorado residents through case management and direct service programs.
- Salvation Army: The Salvation Army is serving more people in the United States than ever before. We are already seeing large increases in the number of Americans seeking the basic necessities of life – food, shelter, and warmth.
- Two Angels Foundation: The mission of the Two Angels Foundation is increasing the recreational activities for children living in Colorado with physical disabilities, inspiring them to lead the most inclusive and active lives possible.
Therapy Services in Denver, CO
- Abound Children’s Therapy: We aim to provide a positive, team-oriented work environment where individuals can excel professionally and continue to develop areas of expertise that lead to more positive outcomes for our clients. The goal of the practice has always been and continues to be to provide exceptional and comprehensive services to the clients and families we work with.
- Amaryllis Therapy Network: Amaryllis Therapy Network is a pediatric clinic that offers occupational, physical and speech therapy for infants, children and adolescents, as well as classes for children, parents and the professionals that work with them.
- Amaryllis Therapy Network: Our experienced therapists evaluate each child and create an individualized therapy program based on goals developed with the parent.
- Angels of Care: Angels of Care Pediatric Home Health provides physical therapy, speech therapy, and occupational therapy in the home to ensure the most comfortable environment for children and young adults with special needs in and around Denver, CO.
- Kids Care Home Health: KidsCare Home Health is committed to providing the highest quality pediatric home health care services to children with special needs.
- Peak Pediatric Rehabilitation, LLC: It is our therapists’ mission at Peak Pediatric Rehabilitation, LLC to provide child and family centered, play based therapeutic interventions, backed by current literature and research, in a natural environment clinic, to ensure your child’s maximum level of development and quality of life.
- Rise Pediatric Therapy: Helping children RISE towards their functional abilities in order to gain independence to more fully participate in meaningful activities of life through Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Speech/Language Therapy.
- Shandy Clinic: The Shandy Clinic is a private outpatient therapy clinic serving patients in Aurora, Monument, Colorado Springs, and Pueblo Colorado with eleven locations. As a private therapy practice, the Shandy Clinic prides itself on personalized, individual therapy in a friendly, family environment.
- Solace Pediatric Home Healthcare: Currently provides in-home pediatric nursing, occupational, physical, and speech/language therapy services for over 3,500 children in Colorado.
- Solace Pediatric Home Healthcare: Solace Pediatric Home Healthcare provides personalized, home-based therapy services for Colorado children from birth to 18 years of age with short term to acute diagnosis.
- Summit Pediatric Therapy: Our therapists are specially trained in the field of pediatric therapy. They incorporate a variety of fun, age appropriate activities into therapy sessions and are trained to be sensitive to the emotional, psychological, and physical needs of children.
Support Organizations in Denver, CO
- Colorado Department of Education: This webpage is for parents and those who work with parents. It is dedicated to providing information on special education issues, practices and resources to families who have children with disabilities.
- El Grupo VIDA: Organization that provides support to Hispanic families with children, youth, and adults with special skills or special needs.
- Mile High United Way: We are the hand-raisers, the game changers. For more than 130 years, Mile High United Way has united the full force of the community to fight for the education, health, and financial stability for everyone in Metro Denver.
- Peak Parent Center: PEAK Parent Center is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that has been serving families and self-advocates across the State of Colorado, and beyond, since 1986!
- Sewall Child Developmental Center: We are passionate about helping all children succeed. Sewall has five primary program areas, serving children of all backgrounds and abilities.
- The Arc Colorado: The Arc of Colorado promotes and protects the human rights of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and actively supports their full inclusion and participation in the community throughout their lifetimes.
Recreation & Accessible Activities in Denver, CO
- Adam’s Camp: At Adam’s Camp, therapy and adventure programs are designed and delivered by therapists who help special needs children, youth and adults reach for the stars.
- Children’s Museum: Visit The Nest in the Center for the Young Child, a place designed just for families with accessibility needs to play and learn.
- Colorado Respite Coalition: Denver Parks & Recreation (DPR) offers therapeutic programs for people with disabilities at any age. Through numerous leisure activities, Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialists (CTRS) and other DPR team members create opportunities to improve quality of life, foster independence and boost self-esteem.
- Denver Parks and Recreation: Denver Parks & Recreation (DPR) offers therapeutic programs for people with disabilities at any age. Through numerous leisure activities, Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialists (CTRS) and other DPR team members create opportunities to improve quality of life, foster independence and boost self-esteem.
- Denver Zoo: Denver Zoo is home to more than 4,000 animals representing 615 species and has championed more than 600 conservation and research projects in 60 countries.
- Friendship Circle of Colorado: The Friendship Circle of Colorado is a non-profit organization dedicated to making a dramatic difference in the lives of children and young adults with special needs, and their families, through one-to-one peer mentoring and social-recreational programs in the homes, schools, and communities of Metro Denver and surrounding areas.
- Miracle League Metro Denver: Miracle League of Metro Denver is a 501(c)3 nonprofit in metro Denver that provides children and adults, who are living with various mental and/or physical challenges, an opportunity to play baseball as a team member in an organized league.
- National Sports Center for the Disabled: The NSCD offers adaptive lessons for individuals living with disabilities in a variety of action sports, adventure sports and competitive programs. Athletes with any physical, cognitive, emotional or behavioral diagnosis can participate in sports and recreation programs year-round in Colorado’s Front Range and mountains.
- Special Olympics Colorado: The mission of Special Olympics Colorado is to provide year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities, giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendships with their families, other Special Olympics athletes and the community.